Tater Tot Casserole is a favorite in our house. Even my sister loves it, and she’s probably the pickiest eater I’ve ever met!!! It’s not only my favorite because it tastes delish, but it’s SOOOO fast and easy. There are tons of recipes out there, but I had to share mine… because, well… as all good cooks think… “mine’s the best”. Hah.
What you need:
- 1.5 lb ground meat (we use beef)
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 Cups French Fried Onions
- 2 cans Green Beans
- 1 bag of tater tots
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese (or less, or more… whatev)
Let’s make it:
- Brown your meat, seasoning it however you like.
- Once meat is done, add 2 cans of CofM soup, 1.5 Cups of French Fried Onions, green beans, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce.
- Mix it all up and pour into a 9” x 13” casserole dish. Add tater tots to top creating a layer, arranging them however you’d like. I try to fit as many as I can.
- Add whatever leftover French Fried Onions you have and cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake @ 425 degrees for 25 mins. (Make sure it’s on the bottom rack so the cheese doesn’t get too crunchy.)
It makes a lot, between three of us, there isn’t much left over, Craig eats like a horse though. He also hates onions, but loves this.
Maybe as a side dish at Christmas dinner this year?? If you love green bean casserole… you’ll love this!!